Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Best Bacon Ever

I just cooked up a batch of the best bacon ever. Sadly, it is not universally available. If you happen to be in the Atlanta area for any reason, however, I recommend you stop by Patak Bohemia in Austell, GA and pick up some of the least expensive, best-tasting bacon known to man--or at least to Atlantans.
This bacon is thick-cut, rich, and flavorful, with a fantastic mouthfeel. And the best part about it is the price--$2.69 a pound! I can't envision buying more expensive, less tasty products from my local supermarket any more. I'm going to stock up so that the long trek to Austell only happens once a month. In fact, that's what I did yesterday. My five pounds of bacon should last my husband and I for a good while.
I also got fresh Polish sausage, proclaimed by my Polish-community father to be as good or better than the stuff from home, fantastic Hunter's Salami (it's square!), garlic bacon, Scottish bangers, and smoked trout. I know the Polish sausage and Hunter's Salami are delectible, but I've yet to try the others. I'll let you know!

No comments: