Monday, September 8, 2008

Three Citrus Mojo

Hello all! Sorry it's been so long--I had a temporary job for a while that was from 4am-12:30pm, and that was crazy. I haven't been cooking a lot of new things, and the things I've been trying have been pretty meh.

However, I do have a tasty sauce/relish that all have agreed is absolutely amazing. It's from Brigit Binns' The Low-Carb Gourmet again. I can't wait to try more recipes from this book, but for now, it needs to go back to the library. I think I'll be purchasing it in the near future.

The mojo was originally served over grilled, cumin-marinated pork tenderloin and bacon skewers, but I think it could be used over just about anything. If you find the red onions too strong for you, try Vidalia or even shallots.

Three Citrus Mojo (serves 4)

Grated zest of half an orange
Grated zest of half a lime
Grated zest of half a lemon
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons finely diced red onion
3 gloves garlic, minced or pressed
½ teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
3 tablespoons olive oil

Combine all ingredients in a glass or ceramic bowl. Allow to combine at least 1 hour—can be refrigerated for up to 12 hours. Return to room temperature before serving.

No comments: